thank you, jet lag.

Here is a list of weird things that have happened upon returning from a completely different time zone.

1. I felt like I was dying on Monday morning. I've never felt so tired. I was working from home, but still, I had to wake up at 8 AM. Normally not a problem. However, when it's 2 AM in Hawaii, definitely a problem.

2. I had a dentist appointment scheduled for this morning. I even answered the phone in Hawaii to confirm it. Yet, I FORGOT. It was on my calendar, I confirmed it, and then I forgot. That never happens to me! I'm the queen of schedule management! I've never missed an appointment in my life! I'm on time for everything! This is how I felt about that:



3. I've totally lost track of what day it is. No, really. My schedule is all messed up in my head because I usually work from home on Wednesday (hence, the dentist appointment fiasco), and this week I switched it to Monday because I flew home on Sunday. Since I came into the office for the first time on Tuesday, I've had no clue what day it is.

4. I've had to take melatonin to sleep at a normal time. Even though I'm so tired, I still can't fall asleep when I'm supposed to. Thank you, mild drugs.

5. I now feel the need to constantly look at my calendar in case I'm missing something. "Am I supposed to be somewhere tonight?!" is running through my head like mad. It's also because I decided to keep myself busy every night this week. I don't think that was smart, but I have movies to see and concerts to go to and people to hang out with!

Here's a story that I can't blame on jet lag, but it's funny nonetheless. My friend Brooke and I went to the movies last night to see Pitch Perfect 2 (obviously not as good as the first one, but still worth it if you're a fan). The ticket-ripper guy tore our tickets and said, "Theater 2, down the hall." We found it, took our seats, and watched some scary previews-- surprising for a comedic movie. (I don't do scary.) Anyway, we get through a bunch of previews, and then... Ex Machina begins. We watched the first 10 minutes of it being incredibly confused and thinking, "Is Fat Amy going to jump out of this helicopter?" Then we wised up and left. We went back to the ticket booth and a girl said, "Oh, you're supposed to be in Theater 8, right behind you." WHEW. Well, that would have been nice to know the first time around. And I wouldn't have had to sit through those terrifying previews.Luckily, the previews were just starting for our actual movie, so we didn't miss anything But oh man. I am so relieved that I didn't get stuck in a theater where Saw or Insidious was playing. Ex Machina was intimidating enough. (Although, after watching the first few minutes, I am now intrigued.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment