music monday :: new imogen heap

image via google

I'm sure many of you have heard of Imogen Heap. This lady, while not exactly mainstream, has captured the hearts of many with her unique sound, intuitive lyrics, and ability to create and do everything herself. I saw her at a show in Philadelphia back in 2006 (I think), and she puts on an amazing one-woman show. From the looping to the vocals to all the background sounds, I don't know many who can do what she does. Here's an example:


And here is the song that started the craze (seeing her do this one live was incredible):


All this to say that she has something very special going on. She just released her new album, Sparks, last week. As a longtime fan of her work, I was super excited to see what else she would bring to the table. I'll just say this: she doesn't disappoint. (Although my favorite albums will probably always be Ellipse and Speak For Yourself.) You can listen to Sparks on Spotify, as well as her other work.


No comments:

Post a Comment