the talk :: baltimore love & hate.

image via google

It's been a crazy week here. I had a meeting from 9 AM to 5 PM yesterday. But on the plus side, I got to celebrate a friend's birthday by eavesdropping on the John Legend concert at Pier Six. That is one thing I love about Baltimore. You can just sit across from the pavilion on the dock, watch the boats, and hear the show for free! I plan on seeing many more of my favorite (too expensive to pay) shows from that view. Plus, you can bring your own wine. I call that a win. If you have a boat, even better!

Baltimore is not a city I would have originally chosen to work in. In fact, for many years I didn't even apply for jobs in the city. Cities are not usually my thing... I grew up in country farmland and enjoy having enough space to park all the time. But I gave B-more a chance when I got my current job through a friend. To be honest, I still dislike most of it. I hate the lack of parking and having to pay to park. I hate how congested it gets at rush hour. I hate the amount of crime (yes, all cities have crime, but Baltimore is bad). I hate that there are so many run-down sections of town.

But here is what I love. Concerts, First Thursdays, so many great restaurants, tons of young professionals like myself, Patterson Bowling (it's BYOB!), the BSO, sitting by the water, fun bars, good coffee, summer O's games, the history of the city, etc. As someone who started off hating the idea of working here, I don't mind it so much anymore. I still don't think I could live here, but I can definitely exist. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment