friday mornings at home.


Peace. Quiet. Messy bedroom, soft bed. Lost nose ring in the middle of the night. Instagram checks. Running the dishwasher. Fan clicking overhead. Long sips of coffee.
I never take these work-from-home Fridays for granted... they are always my most relaxing mornings by far. And on this Friday in particular, I get to avoid BronyCon 2014, which happens to occur in the convention center across from my building. Hallelujah.

I'm one of those slight procrastinators who puts off the small things until I can't anymore. When it comes to important things, I'm all over it. But you know... clothes strewn about my bedroom, bed disheveled and the sheets need washing, taking bags of clothes to the donation bin, keeping everything perfectly neat + tidy. Sometimes I feel like a little bit of a failure when things are out of order. But there is a painting a dear friend made me that hangs on my wall next to my bed and it says, "You don't always have to hold yourself together." It references 2 Corinthians 12:9 - "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Living an amazing life doesn't mean living a perfect one, friends. It just means doing the best you can and rejoicing in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment