currently :: news, music, and other things


Today I woke up excited because it's a typical fall day: rain pattering the windowpanes, pumpkin coffee, candles burning. I can see the tree outside my front door is no longer green, but red and withered. And best of all, I don't have to spend this day anywhere but at home, drinking it all in. 

That's because [drumroll please!] I finally got a new job! This has been a long time coming. I've been job hunting since April, been on countless interviews, and landed a job that I hope will be a positive career change. My current job turned out to be a mess-- a failed project that resulted in transferring to a temp project an hour away doing work I have no interest in. I found myself in the middle of it thinking, "How did this happen?" I came into it a year ago thinking it would be a great career move. The thing is, you just never know. It's all a giant leap of faith. And I'm getting ready to do it again, praying that this isn't the wrong decision. I'll be doing admissions work for an international education company. I'm excited to get into a new field and support education. It's a step away from what I've been doing for the past few years, but I think I need a change!

Now, on to the fun stuff! I have the perfect album for autumn listening: "Honey" by The Red Headed Indian. It came out two days ago and one of the big reasons I know about it is because my friends from Civilian (PS - listen to them too) love this girl to pieces. Once you hear her stuff, I think you'll see why. To me, she's a glorious blend of A Fine Frenzy and Eisley, but she very much does her own thing. She's unique in her own way... and I want her voice!


You can download the album for free here. I know I'm going to be listening to this on repeat, and I hope you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment