how to have a great day

That's a weird title, huh? It came to me this morning as I was driving to work and listening to the radio. "Tearin' Up My Heart" came on and I thought to myself, "This is an excellent way to start the day." I almost never stop and think about what my day will look like before it begins... but maybe I would have better days if I did!


1. Listen to something amazing and old school (*Nsync, BSB, Britney, anything 80's... just not 98°.)
2. Get a delicious treat. Today, my work had a bake sale. Pumpkin, chocolate, cookie... all kinds of goodness! A Starbucks peppermint mocha is acceptable as well.
3. Wear a cozy sweater. This is guaranteed to make you feel warm and happy all day long. Bonus points if it has fun writing on it.
4. Give someone a compliment. It makes them feel good and you feel good doing it.
5. Hold the door for someone. So easy to do, yet very overlooked.
6. Think of three things you're happy about in your life or thankful for. Go for five if three is too easy.
7. Call a friend you haven't talked to in a long time. Or send a note/postcard. Everyone loves getting mail!
8. Go for a walk while the fall weather is still amazing and not yet Polar Vortex-y. Take a mandatory Instagram of the leaves.
9.If you're trying to feel super productive, make a to-do list. If they are small things, get them done and cross them off. If you have tons to do and not enough time to do it, write it down anyway and go watch TV. It'll still be there tomorrow. :)
10. Play some T. Swift and have a dance party. Force your roommate/spouse/friends/dog to do it with you.

Have a great almost-Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment