music monday :: brooke fraser's new one!

 
I've been a fan of Brooke Fraser since college, when I first heard her album "Albertine." That was an amazing album with a focus all about the world and missions and heart-changing stuff. Since then, she's put out her own kind of music, first with "Flags" and now "Brutal Romantic". I was skeptical about it since I loved her old style of writing so much, but this a really well put together record. Her writing is insightful and extremely instrumental; she goes beyond piano and guitar to include what sounds like a symphony on the tracks. It's great for rainy day driving weather like this morning! I've been craving the release of this album since it came out a while ago, but just got released in the U.S. I'm happy to say that it doesn't disappoint. So far, my two favorites are "Bloodrush" and "Brutal Romance." Take a second today and give it a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment