weekending & a song in my head

So, this Monday seems fairly harmless despite its usual Monday-ness. Thank goodness for that. After a relaxing (albeit too short) weekend, the last thing I want is a crazy start of the week. That's been happening recently, so I'm glad Monday has decided to bestow some kindness upon me and bless me with a slow queue of work and hot mugs of earl gray tea.

My weekend went far too quickly, but there were some lovely moments. A Friday night in with the roommate was bliss. I find myself wanting to stay in a lot more when it gets dark at 5 PM and there is an unmistakable chill in the air. I can't bring myself to go outside when it's freezing! Instead, we stayed in and made Nutella hot chocolate and watched Lost on Netflix (as per usual). We're up to season three now! Laura was thrilled to hear her favorite, most-quoted-out-of-her-mouth line from Desmond: "I luv ya, Pennay!" (Scottish accent notated there for you.)

Among this weekend's relaxation was also a trip to Winchester, VA. The occasion was a memorial service, so that was not a happy reason, but the drive was beautiful and the small town atmosphere had me and Laura debating about starting a commune there. It's not out of the question :) On our way home, we stopped at Sonic and I got my beloved cherry limeade, which I have gone without for an unspeakable amount of time. For some reason that I can't possibly explain, I had a craving for a burger. Not just a burger... a double bacon cheeseburger. I can't even remember the last time I ate a fast food burger, because I just don't. The closest I come to fast food is Chick-fil-A and Chipotle. But order that giant burger I did, even with mayo (!!), and I ate the whole thing in about five minutes flat. Plus tater tots. Horrifying heaven.

We listened to a lot of music on that drive (mostly 1989), but there's one song I have in my head on repeat: Hozier, "Take Me to Church." If you do nothing else today, listen to this one. Then welcome it playing on a loop inside your brain. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment