the talk :: the story of my life & other tales of hunger

Sometimes I just really dislike radio hits. Some are good. Some are not so good. When I find one that I don't like, I change the words to make it better. My roommate can attest to me doing this quite often in the car.

Prime example: You know that One Direction song that gets played 439873 times a day? I got hungry and this is what happened:

The story of my life
I want a scone
The oven's cold, will they be done in tiiiime
They're frozen

The story of my life
I give up hope
I make some eggs, oh no they broke insiiiiiide

The story of my life


[image via google]

YUM. And now I'm hungry. Sing it to a friend, maybe they'll make you breakfast? I don't know. (I need to test that theory someday.)

On that note, here are some recipes for you! 


1. Microwave everything in a cup! The single girl's dream.
2. Rubyellen's delicious family meals. If a chick with four kids and a husband can do it, so can I!
3. Chocolate chip (or crushed up peppermint bark) cookies from the recipe on the back of the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip bag. It will never fail you. And it reminds me of that episode of Friends... you know the one. (If you don't, Google it.)
4. Blue Mac and Cheese. I would substitute different cheeses since this one's a little strong, but the basic recipe is awesome! Just follow the measurements and change the cheese.
5. And on a healthier note... chips! Sweet potato chips. (Fooled you!) Such a good snack that you don't have to feel guilty about.

Last, but not least, my own mother's amazing crab dip recipe. I love you all enough to share it! My best friend requested it for our New Year's party :) The true heart of Maryland, right here:


(Just a bit of hot sauce... let's not get crazy here. And always Pillsbury French bread from a can. It comes out nice and warm from the oven!)

Enjoy! 'Tis the season for eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment