music monday :: hugo

Hope you all had a good weekend... I know I did! I had a job interview, saw The Script and One Republic for free with a good friend, relaxed, and watched some World Cup. I was also in the mood for a movie, but it was one of those nights where I just wanted to flip back and forth between channels and not commit. You know what's always on these days? No Strings Attached, with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher. This is by far my favorite scene:


Hahaha... if you haven't seen the movie, you should just for this one hilarious part. My best friend and I quote it all the time. 

Anyway! What does this have to do with Music Monday? Well, you may recall in one of the movie scenes the guys are at a bar, and there's a band playing. They sing a really cool version of 99 Problems. It's Hugo, and he's pretty awesome.


This dude has an interesting background (acting in Thai soap operas, anyone?). But more than that, he's got a sound that sticks with you for days. Bluesy, rhythmic, sit on your back porch and sip lemonade vibes.


The world needs more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment