what they wore :: bonlook

If you know me, you know I've basically been blind since forever. I started wearing glasses in elementary school and advanced to contacts in middle school. Ever since then, I've strictly worn contacts. Glasses never interested me much... if you look at old photos, you'll understand why! (Nerd alert.) I had the same pair of glasses tucked away in a drawer for years before I realized that they could actually be cute once in a while, and are now super trendy.

So last year I started shopping around for a new, updated, with-the-times pair! Luckily, it's fairly easy to order a new pair of glasses with your prescription online today, and to get reimbursed by insurance (if you're covered). I was so thankful that it was a breeze! I checked out a few sites before deciding on Bonlook. I liked a lot of their styles and colors, and though it took me a while to decide, I could easily check out how the frames looked on my face right on their website. I uploaded my picture and did a virtual try-on, which was awesome and accurate. They give you the frame measurements as well, so you can kind of tell how they will fit your face besides the pictures. And it's crazy easy to enter your prescription information, which the site saves for next time so you won't have to figure it out all over again. Plus, if I didn't like the ones I chose, their return system seemed easy and effective (though I haven't had to use it). The fun part: my glasses were shipped to me in a box of sparkly confetti and a Dum-Dum lollipop. Holy cuteness!

My first frames that I bought a year ago are the McQueen (no longer available). 


I knew I wanted a pair of typical hipster-looking glasses with black frames. Those have served me well and gotten me a lot of compliments! They look cute even when I'm sitting around in leggings and a t-shirt-- they add a pinch of style to my laziness ;) While I didn't need a second pair, I found myself browsing Bonlook's site last week for the first time since I bought the McQueen and I found the Sweet Tooth. Those frames in Crystal Sand grabbed me immediately and I knew I had to have them! The fade-to-pink color is so cute and a great alternative to when I don't want to wear the dramatic black frames. They are coming to my doorstep today and I can't wait to try them on! (Fingers crossed they don't look ridiculous!) 



I'm officially a glasses convert! What are your favorite brands?



images via bonlook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment