what they wore :: denim shorts

I don't know about you, but I feel like summer shorts have taken a wrong turn. Since when does high waisted mean "your butt must be falling out"? And the other alternative is the same, super low rise with pocket liners showing because they are so short. Give me a break, it's not like I can wear that in public! (Fun fact: I cringe at those of you who do. It's really just not cute, you guys...)

I haven't had a decent pair of denim shorts besides knee-length cutoffs since I don't know when. Maybe when I was like, 13? So I am on the hunt for shorts that are not too short, but not too long either. I'm complicated. I do like shorter shorts, but not too short. You get me. The other hard part is that I don't want to pay $40 for a pair of shorts (I'm looking at you, American Eagle). My answer for good prices is usually H&M! Here are some styles I found from them that won't break the bank.




all photos via hm.com

All of these are available right now on H&M's website, and aren't more than $25 (if that). I call that a win! I've ordered a few pairs for myself, so we'll see how that works out. I'm afflicted with a weird part of me that hates trying things on, but also hates returning things. It often doesn't work out well.

If you have a favorite place to buy your shorts, let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment