music monday :: christmas favorites!

Yesterday, the roommates and I got our Christmas tree! We stopped for some holiday drinks at Starbucks and picked out the perfect tree. We did a really good job this year, I have to say. This tree seems to fill the whole house with its pine-y smell, and I love it. Love love love. Sometimes I find myself sticking my face in the branches just to get a little more of it. (Weird?)

Of course, I think it's sacreligious to decorate a tree without any Christmas music. The horror! Christmas tree decorating is the perfect time to get out your favorite records, or turn on the Christmas radio station that started playing tunes the day after Thanksgiving. After all, Christmas is only 17 days away now! So here are a few of my favorite Christmas albums:


The lovely, magical voices of Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward... a new brand of Christmas music for the masses. Revisiting old favorites and writing new songs you can't help but get hooked on.


Sufjan Stevens is always a go-to of mine. He's got a soothing voice and puts an indie spin on classics. He brings the banjos and all the other hipster instruments you could want. ;)

 
Obviously. It's not Christmas unless I'm listening to this or watching the Charlie Brown Christmas special on TV!



Because it's still one of my all-time favorites. Even ignoring my middle school obsession, this is the only Christmas album by a pop band that I can listen to all the way through and never get sick of.


... except for this one! I have always loved this record. Christina does some amazing vocals on songs like "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."


And you can't go wrong with Mr. Bing. (Not Chandler, haha!) He's the voice of Christmas. He's fantastic.

What are some of your holiday favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment