today is a good day.

photo via weheartit
 
I don't know about you, but I often have moments where I go through life not feeling bad, but not feeling great. Just... indifferent, I guess. I don't think anyone feels joyfully happy 100% of the time (wouldn't that be nice), but today I feel closer to it. If you know me, you know that I find joy in the smallest things that life has to offer. I'm learning to look for them as much as possible these days. 
 
Today is a good day because:
 
<  i had a Starbucks peppermint mocha first thing.
> i have lots of work keeping me busy (i hate being idle at work).
< i'm dreaming of owning a French Bulldog pup one day. i still miss my Misty so much it hurts, and no pup could ever replace her, but a house just feels empty to me without a little dog running around.
> i've been carrying around "To Kill a Mockingbird" in my purse.
< i heard Straight No Chaser's 12 Days of Christmas medley on the radio.
> i've been reading a lot of artistic blogs in my downtime at work. so inspiring.
< a friend texted to tell me my Christmas present arrived and she's excited to give it to me. :)
> the sun is shining (goodbye, rain!)
< today is my off day from working out, haha! it's nice to relax.
> i've been singing Sam Smith's "I'm Not the Only One" in the car a lot. it's a fun vocal!
< i got an unexpected amount of money from my grandma in her Christmas card.
> my hair goes into a bun easily. thank you, genetics.
< every time i walk into my Christmas-y house, i'm greeted by white lights everywhere. lovely.
 
Take a minute today to make your own list of the small, good things in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment