the talk :: the bachelorette & to do (play)lists


Guys, last night was the start of yet another season of The Bachelorette (no shame). Naturally, I rimmed my wine glass with pop rocks and broke out the Trader Joe's truffles. I guess ABC has decided that we must have an opera singer as a contestant for all seasons moving forward, and there cannot be a shortage of guys with long hair. (Although most of them got the boot the first night in.) Also, the "journey count" is back on! Last season the word "journey" was said no less than 32 times. I think that will continue to decrease as "adventure" makes a comeback. Thoughts??

Today I'm thinking about making a to do list. There are couple of reasons why I have been avoiding this. 1) It likely means that I will have to dust my room. I despise dusting my room. 2) I'm lazy. (So obvious.) But I have to admit, I always feel better when the list is crossed off and I'm sitting on a freshly made bed looking at my newly organized and clean things. My faux-sheepskin rug will no longer be dirty and shoved halfway under the bed. There won't be makeup all over my dresser from getting ready in the morning. Six pairs of shoes won't be scattered haphazardly all over the floor. My duvet won't be bunched at the bottom of my bed (you all know what I'm talking about). 

Real talk, people! I need an intervention for keeping things neat & tidy. The only way I can really straighten up is if I have music to get me through it. So here is your Tuesday To Do Playlist! If you need to clean or dust or keep your sanity, give these tracks a listen.

Matt & Kim - Cutdown
∆ Ingrid Michaelson - Girls Chase Boys
∆ The Script - Six Degrees of Separation
∆ Sarah Jaffe - The Body Wins
∆ Kings of Leon - Wait for Me
∆ Blackstreet - No Diggity (throwback!)
∆ Volbeat - Lola Montez
∆ Van Morrison - Into the Mystic
∆ The Airborne Toxic Event - Changing

Get motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment