the talk :: keytars!

Ladies and gentlemen, for today's post, I bring you... the keytar!







Possibly the coolest instrument ever invented, if you ask me. Have you ever seen anyone play one? I have a couple of times at shows (once at a piano bar, that was sick), and I can't get enough of it. It's just so unique and weird. I can't imagine how someone came up with this concept.

Maybe you don't even know what this thing is. The keytar combines the sound of a keyboard with the movement of a guitar (duh). It allows you to play a myriad of sounds (not just limited to piano) and move around freely while playing, as opposed to a standard keyboard. One of the first was developed in the 1970's, though not nearly as lightweight as today's models. Moog was a major contributor to the keytar revolution... major brands are now Yamaha, Roland, Korg and Casio. Now, even games like Rock Band 3 include a fake keytar. You'd think this trend would get stuck in the 70's or 80's, but it lives on!

Here are some of my favorite keytar-related things:






[all images via google]
 
 
Um, can I get that bedazzled keytar immediately? Please & thank you!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment