throwback thursday :: the sick diaries

As seen on Instagram (@sarahfisch) and my overloaded iPhone photo library!
I'm calling this one the Sick Diaries! Hooray. 

1. Notice my cozy feet. These + good socks are necessary for combating sickness.
2. Hot water with lemon juice and honey. (This will save your throat. I drank tons of this stuff and didn't get a sore throat at all! Tea is good too, but I didn't have any.) 
3. At the beginning of my sickness I had a fancy dinner  planned with some girlfriends. Do you know how hard it is to try to coordinate four busy schedules? I was not about to re-do that. So I went and prayed that I wouldn't sneeze all over the fancy bread. (In case you're wondering, we went to La Scala. Excellent! And we got all dressed up and did our hair and makeup together in my tiny bathroom.)
4. I've been eating really well this month (see yesterday's post), and this is one of my favorite meals. Salmon, sweet potato, and edamame. 
5. At the end of sickness, I resumed working out. This is what it looks like. I know you don't care, I just like my pink yoga mat.
6. How I generally feel during my workouts.
 Part 2 is all things that are good!

1. One of my best friends who came over when I was sick to have girl time and eat beef jerky while drinking a protein shake. She also worked on her amazing art project and we ate orange chicken and watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2). I love her.
2. My corgi friend! This little girl is so loving... she always climbs into my lap and wants to snuggle when I'm at my friend's house.
3. The other pup that lives with Maggie the Corgi. This is Bailey... she is anxious and weird and a hot mess, but she will stay by your side forever (mostly because she is afraid to ever leave you).
4. My roommate made me eggs and bacon when I was sick! She was a godsend. Also, she burned all the bacon by accident... luckily, I love burned bacon. The crispier the better! She was appalled by this but let me eat four pieces of it anyway.
5. A meal I saw recently on @bleubird's Instagram. Sauteed kale with a fried egg on top! I mixed my kale with olive oil, hot sauce and Old Bay.

And there you have it! I'm glad to report that I am feeling much better (though the continual Polar Vortex is not helping). Until tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment