throwback thursday :: this week in photos

Let's review what's gone on this week, shall we?


My coworker gives us flowers every few weeks. It's lovely. Unfortunately, every time I Instagram them, someone asks what guy gave them to me. Sigh. No guy... just a nice lady named Michelle. (I don't care how many times I get asked that question, I'm going to keep Instagramming!)


Last Friday I went to Slainte and had Guinness & soup. Our Irishman server called me "his kind of woman" because I ordered Guinness. (WIN!)


Also, the pub had a giant red chair, which we took turns posing in and getting weird looks from people coming up the stairs. No regrets.


Then we relocated to the downstairs bar and had Irish coffee!


After cheers, we drank it. Then my friends requested more whipped cream, so our bartender put a mountain of it on to be funny. They made me drink the rest of both of their coffees so they could just eat the whipped cream. I'd like to point out that I'm a good friend for doing this, considering the amount of whiskey that was in those.


These are my awesome friends! (See the whipped cream?!) Also, there was an excellent local band playing, so of course I had to talk to them and get their info. I'll probably post about them soon.


We went home and all three of us slept in my friend's queen bed. That only works when you have true friendship, by the way. In the morning, we went to this Starbucks that was in a really cool space... lots of exposed brick and very open.


I had my usual (a skinny vanilla latte) and a breakfast sandwich. Also, I was le tired. 


My best friend sent me this picture of my puphew. He is THE sweetest. If you disagree, leave this blog and never come back. (Just kidding. But really....) 


I drank organic hot chocolate gifted to me from a friend because it was cold. And because I'll drink anything as long as it's in this mug.


This is actually not from this week. It's probably from a few months ago. But it's a dessert that my roommate made me and I loved it! Vanilla ice cream, blackberries, chocolate. 


My view from work when I get there first thing in the morning. If it wasn't so cold, I'd probably sneak out and go sit by the harbor to get a better view. (And if I wouldn't get fired for not being at work.)


Wine times! My friend Amanda gave me this wine for Christmas, and the glass below. I have a thing for stemless wine glasses. She knows me.


These leggings are, in fact, the best leggings in existence. They are knit and patterned and everything that is good. If it was socially acceptable to wear these every day, I would. (I'm sure my coworkers would be thrilled.)


I have started eating healthier and I'm discovering new replacements for things I love but aren't super great for you. Example: white pasta = not so good. I cooked with quinoa pasta for the first time the other night and it was great! I added all these veggies and instead of sauce, used olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Delish!


The finished product... yum! Leftovers all week! There's nothing I hate more than having to make a legit lunch at 6 AM. That's when PBJ kicks in.


With my wine, of course. And brussels sprouts! Roasted with olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt. Even if you're a sprouts hater, try it. I used to hate them too, but I love them this way.


I made a trip to the library and finally got around to reading this! She's so funny.


Last night we had band practice and it was my friend's birthday. He ended up not being able to make it... so we happily ate all his doughnuts! While I texted him pictures of it happening. Happy birthday, Aaron! :)


In the middle of practice with my people. Love it, love them. 


And one of my favorite photos of the week! Pomegranate, the snack of champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment