journal day :: #4

First things first: do you guys have any crazy phobias that give you anxiety? If so, we will be best friends. I have an incurable fear of spiders. A lot of people do, I know. But yesterday I became increasingly aware that my anxiety over those gross little insects has reached a whole new level. I was driving home from work when a not so small one showed up on my window RIGHT NEXT TO MY FACE. And I didn't have anything around to smash it except my parking passes (the kind that sit on your dashboard), which I decided were not big enough. Of course, I couldn't take my eyes off it in case it decided to get on me (shudder)... and the result of that was smacking the right side of my car into one of those concrete barrier wall things. Two thumbs up for stupidity in that motion picture. (And yes, I am aware that I could cause danger to others on the road by freaking out like that again. I don't plan to react like that in the future if I can help it!)

ANYWAY!

The fourth journal prompt from Sometimes Sweet is up!

If you had unlimited resources, what political or social issue, or area of scientific or medical exploration would you fund? Do you have a cause that is dear and near to your heart that you'd put your time, energy, and money into if you had the means? Tell us about it, along with a bit of background explaining where you're coming from.

I had to think a lot about this one. I am very inclined to say cancer research or something of that nature because 1) it freaks me the heck out to think I could be that sick, and 2) I know people who have been sick. Because I love music so much, though, I would want to incorporate that into a cause. If I could put all my time, energy, and money into one thing, I think it would be using music to help the sick. There have been studies that show that music is great therapy for all kinds of issues that people face. The American Music Therapy Association is a great resource. This may not fall under the direct category of funding social issues or medical exploration, but I believe music creates a positive impact on the brain and emotional state for so many individuals and can help them through their sickness or trauma. You could say I want to help all kinds of causes :) But I would love to give all the energy and money in the world to helping the discouraged and ill using one of my favorite things.

On that note...



No comments:

Post a Comment