journal day #5

Onward with Danielle's Journal Days! This one is keeping it real.

We all encounter challenges on a daily basis. You may consider yours something small, like having enough time in the day to accomplish everything you set out to do, or it may be a bit bigger- perhaps something you have to overcome mentally or emotionally, or even a struggle when dealing with a difficult person. Whatever the case, take a look at your daily life- what would you say is your biggest challenge? Or if you have a past struggle you were able to overcome, how did you do it? This week, write about a challenge you currently deal with on a day to day basis, or discuss one you managed to get past.

I am the first to say I am a flawed person. I know, we all are. But I am a true "wear your heart on your sleeve" type. I have an unfiltered heart. You will know when I'm sad, mad, super happy, tired, hungry, etc. Being real and honest (I'm never a BS-er) is something that I like about myself. But my biggest challenge is keeping that under wraps when I really need to. For example, at work. I have, on more than one occasion, gotten a lecture about showing frustration. What can I say... when I get frustrated, the world will know it. And it's rarely for a stupid reason. Usually there is a very legitimate reason for it. But there are times and places to keep that quiet and just move on, and I struggle with that. I've been working on it and so far, I think I'm improving. I've been stopping in the moment and taking time to think, "How do I really want to handle this?" I'll never be fake, but I am trying to think about my reactions before they happen. 

What's your daily challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment