music monday :: tallhart

Happy Monday, friends! (Said no one ever. But today really is okay!) If you were to look in my iPhone notes, you would see a never-ending list of bands I want to check out. I take note whenever I hear a random song on TV that grabs me, a blogger suggests someone they like or a friend tells me, "You have to listen to this band." Most of the time I stalk a lot of people on PureVolume (a tradition that goes back to my young college years in my friend Cait's parent's kitchen. Good times).

ANYWAY. This band has been rolling around in my iPhone notes for some time, and I finally got around to listening to their stuff. I instantly got that feeling I hate where I go, "UGH! I could have been listening to them for months already!" That band is Tallhart.

One thing that gives them instant credibility in my mind is that they are working with Max Bemis on their music. I love hearing about anything Max does (he's part of Say Anything and is married to Eisley sister Sherri DuPree Bemis). But connections aside, Tallhart stands out on their own. They have been going strong since 2012, driven by their indie-rock sound and gorgeously written lyrics. The first track off their 2013 album, "We Are the Same", immediately captured my attention with its beautiful electric parts and mixed vocal background harmonies. This is the kind of stuff I love!

Here's what I'm talking about:


Tell me that doesn't captivate you in the least and make you want to hear more. They're on Spotify and you can get their albums here.

No comments:

Post a Comment