what they wore :: getting creative

ignore the blur. my room was super dark.

This morning, I stood in front of my closet without a clue of what to wear. I get up at 6am, for the record. Not the prime time for decision making. I'm often half asleep and the first thing I do is check the weather. If it's 30 degrees or less? Layer up with leggings and tall socks under my work pants. Cute, right? At least no one can see my snowflake leggings when I don't even bother to change out of my PJ's. (I have to walk to my building... tights are not going to cut it.) If it's above 35? Rejoice! I can wear normal clothes again! Such was the case this morning.

I'm on a kick where I'm trying not to buy new clothes unless I need to. First, let me say that there is nothing wrong with shopping if you have the budget to support it. I am personally trying to be more money conscious. I don't even know where today's outfit came from, except I was standing in my closet thinking, "Today would be a lovely day to wear my leather boots now that the snow has melted." The next thing I know, I'm picking out a summer dress (!!) and throwing a cardi over it. I added some super comfy leggings, the best boots in the world, and my gold rings.The above result was better than expected!

So today's WTW advice is: Sometimes you should just stand in your closet and make random decisions. It could turn out okay. :) I have a feeling I'll be wearing a lot more summer dresses with cardigans thrown over them. Take that, winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment